Wednesday 2 July 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1941 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Wendell Mottley: Trinidadian sprinter economist and politician.
- Jérôme Carrein: Second-to-last convicted criminal to be executed by guillotine in France.
- Stephane Venne: French-Canadian songwriter.
- Earthquake hits Palestine
- Nazi mass murder in Lvov / Lemberg (7,000 dead)
- WWII: Empire of Japan calls up 1 million men for military service.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?