Monday 2 July 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Silver Fleet, directed by Vernon Campbell Sewell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1945 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Pierre Lescure: French journalist and radio-television executive, son of François, journalist and member of Resistance, succeeding Gilles Jacob as President of the "Cannes Film Festival", on 1st July 2014 (elected on 14 January 2014).
- Jean Roussel: French homicide; shot seven people to death at a hotel 8/05/1983.
- James Orville Fulkerson: Composer.
- Tony Duvert: French writer and philosopher.
- The Okinawa campaign is declared over. Total US casualties are 80,000 (dead, wounded, missing, non-combat sickness). Total Japanese casualties are 120,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Tain't Me - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Chopin's Polonaise - Carmen Cavallaro & His Orchestra
- Sentimental Journey - Merry Macs
- Who Threw the Whiskey in the Well? - Lucky Millinder & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?