Wednesday 2 July 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ervin Hall and Winifred Taylor.
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1947 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Ervin Hall: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- 100m hurdler (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Winifred Taylor: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament, Labour representative in the Dewsbury district returned at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Larry David: Brooklyn, New York -- Comedian (Fridays) / writer (Seinfeld).
- Ann Taylor: Baroness Taylor of Bolton English politician Minister for International Security Strategy.
- Military coup discovered in France
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- One O'clock Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Peg O' My Heart - Buddy Clark
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Peg O' My Heart - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?