Friday 2 July 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1954 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Wendy Schaal in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (It's a Living, Julie - Fantasy Island).
- Wendy Schaal: Voice Actor.
- Pete Briquette: Irish bass player songwriter and producer (The Boomtown Rats).
- Chris Huhne: English journalist and politician Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change.
- 68th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: J Drobny beats K Rosewall (13-11 46 62 97)
- Denis Compton scores 278 in 290 minutes vs. Pakistan
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?