Friday 2 July 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wendy Schaal in Chicago and Wendy Schaal.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World of Mr. Sweeney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1954 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Wendy Schaal in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (It's a Living, Julie - Fantasy Island).
- Wendy Schaal: Voice Actor.
- Pete Briquette: Irish bass player songwriter and producer (The Boomtown Rats).
- Chris Huhne: English journalist and politician Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change.
- 68th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: J Drobny beats K Rosewall (13-11 46 62 97)
- Denis Compton scores 278 in 290 minutes vs. Pakistan
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?