Saturday 2 July 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
We're No Angels, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1955 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Andrew Divoff: Venezuelan actor.
- Kevin Michael Grace: Canadian journalist.
- Kim Carr: Australian educator and politician 31st Australian Minister for Human Services.
- Edward Lawson: Scottish soldier, Victoria Cross recipient (Born 1873).
- 7th Heaven closes at ANTA Theater NYC after 44 performances
- Almost Crazy closes at Longacre Theater NYC after 16 performances
- Lawrence Welk Show premieres on ABC
- 62nd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Louise Brough beats B Fleitz (75 86)
- Desmond Tutu marries Leah Nomalizo Shinxani
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?