Tuesday 2 July 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Easier Said Than Done by The Essex.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Magic, directed by James Neilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1963 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- John Joubert: American homicide, a serial killer of young people in 1982 and 1983; arrested on 1/11/1984, Offutt AFB, NE.
- Paul Leahy: American convicted murderer and rapist; arrested by an off-duty State Police Officer at a roadside rest stop off route 24 and charged with murder, kidnapping, armed robbery and armed assault.
- Mark Kermode: English bassist and critic (The Dodge Brothers).
- Juan Marichal (Giants) beats Warren Spahn (Braves), 1-0 in 16 innings
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?