Friday 2 July 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Monster a-Go Go, directed by Bill Rebane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1965 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Kathryn Erbe: American actress known for her role as Det.
- Norbert Röttgen: German lawyer and politician.
- Theodora E "Betsy" Ranucci-Beckmann: Actress (Klatergoud), dies at 88.
- 79th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Roy Emerson beats Fred Stolle (62 64 64)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?