Saturday 2 July 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Blaise Rhodes and Tim Spehr.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Sword of Doom, directed by Kihachi Okamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Shadows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1966 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Blaise Rhodes: Berwyn Heights, Maryland -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Tim Spehr: Excelsior Springs, Missouri -- Catcher (Montreal Expos).
- Kathryn Erbe: American actress.
- Jean-François Richet: French film director, screenwriter, film producer, and film editor.
- Jan Brzechwa: Polish author and poet (d. 1966).
- 1st France nuclear explosion on Mururoa atoll
- 73rd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Billie J King beats Frasier (63 36 61)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 July 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?