Sunday 2 July 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1967 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?