Tuesday 2 July 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1968 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Mark Tewsksbury: Canada -- Swimmer (world record backstroke).
- Mike Lee: Neptune, New Jersey -- Canadian Tour golfer (1992 Tommy Armour Tour).
- Francis Brennan: US Cardinal of Philadelphia, dies at 74.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Shorty Long - Here Comes The Judge
- Friend and Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?