Thursday 2 July 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derrick Ralph Adkins and Yancy Butler.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Love You Save by The Jackson 5.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ace of Wands.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1970 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Derrick Ralph Adkins: Brooklyn, New York -- 400m hurdler (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Yancy Butler: American actress.
- Scotty 2 Hotty: American professional wrestler.
- Rick Ballard: American musician.
- Andrea Pezzoni: Italian fortune hunter who, at age 23, married a 93 year old woman, Margherita Bazzani, on 4/28/1994.
- Derrick Adkins: American hurdler
- Colin Edwin: Australian bass player (Porcupine Tree and Henry Fool)
- Scotty Hotty: American wrestler and firefighter
- Monie Love: English rapper (Native Tongues)
- Steve Morrow: Northern Irish footballer and manager
- Jessie Street: Australian civil rights activist, dies.
- 1st Boeing 747 to land in Amsterdam and Brussels
- New York Yankees Horace Clarke breaks up a no-hitter in the 9th for 3rd time in 28 days
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- Elvis Presley - The Wonder Of You
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?