Friday 2 July 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Two-Lane Blacktop, directed by Monte Hellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1971 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Jared Palmer: NYC, New York -- Tennis star.
- Troy Brown: American football player and actor.
- Evelyn Lau: Canadian poet and novelist.
- Bryan Redpath: Scottish rugby player and coach.
- Philippe Saive: Belgian table-tennis champion, placed 33rd to 58th at the Atlanta Olympics 1996, 34th in the world.
- Edward Ballantine: American composer and academic (d. 1971).
- 78th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Evonne Goolagong beats M Smith (64 61)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?