Monday 2 July 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1973 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Kurt Long: TV Actor.
- Peter Kay: British comedian.
- Thomas Sotto: French journalist and TV-radio presenter, he began on BFM (breaking news) and then presented the magazine "Capital" on M6.
- George McBride: American baseball player and manager (d. 1973).
- Ferdinand Schorner: German field marshal (Born 1892).
- George Macready: United States -- Actor (Martin Peyton-Peyton Place), dies at 73.
- Swede Savage: dies from injuries at Indianapolis 500.
- Betty Grable: American singer, dancer and actress, the most famous "pin-up girl" of WW II.
- Chick Hafey: American baseball player and manager (d. 1973)
- James R Schlesinger, ends term as 9th Director of CIA
- Nation Black Network begins operation on radio
- The United States Congress passes the Education of the Handicapped Act (EHA) mandating Special Education federally.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?