Tuesday 2 July 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rock The Boat by The Hues Corporation.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1974!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1974 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Natali Sacco: Miss Universe - Peru (1996).
- Allison McCurdy: in Fort Worth, Texas, USA; Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader (1996-97), actress (Fatal Kiss), pin-up calendar model (50+ appearances), executive (My Gig Productions).
- Sean Casey: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Rocky Gray: American drummer and guitarist (Evanescence, Living Sacrifice).
- Tim Christensen: Danish singer and multi-instrumentalist (Dizzy Mizz Lizzy).
- Fernando Mameda of Portugal sets record for 10,000 m (27:13.81)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- John Denver - Annie's Song
- Anne Murray - You Won't See Me
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - On And On
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?