Monday 2 July 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Ring My Bell by Anita Ward.
In UK Are 'Friends' Electric by Tubeway Army was in the top 5 hits.
The Wanderers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1979!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1979 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Joe Thornton: Canadian hockey player.
- Walter Davis: American triple jumper.
- Sam Hornish: Jr.
- Diana Gurtskaya: Georgian singer.
- Susan B Anthony dollar is issued, 1st US coin to honor a woman
- The US Mint releases the new Susan B. Anthony small diameter dollar coin to circulation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Makin' It - David Naughton
- I Want You To Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?