Wednesday 2 July 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Coming Up (Live At Glasgow) by Paul McCartney.
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Airplane!, directed by Jim Abrahams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1980!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1980 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
- Spinners - Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time (Medley)
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?