Wednesday 2 July 1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsay Lohan and Katie Taylor.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry) by Billy Ocean.
In UK Spirit In The Sky by Doctor & The Medics was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Mouse Detective, directed by Ron Clements, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Last Of The Breed by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Defender of the Crown or Hottāman no Chitei Tanken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1986!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1986 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Lindsay Lohan: American actress, singer, songwriter, model, director and producer, whose career has included critical and popular success in her youth, followed by a period of substance abuse and legal troubles that have been well-documented in the tabloids.
- Katie Taylor: Boxer.
- Brett Cecil: American baseball player.
- Peanuts Lowrey: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1986).
- After 14 wins, Roger Clemens suffer his 1st loss of year
- General strike against Pinochet regime in Chile
- Supreme Court upholds affirmative action in 2 rulings
- US Supreme Court upholds affirmative action in two rulings.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 July 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Ocean - There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)
- Simply Red - Holding Back The Years
- El DeBarge - Who's Johnny (Short Circuit Theme)
- Howard Jones - No One Is To Blame
- Janet Jackson - Nasty
- Genesis - Invisible Touch
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Patti LaBelle - On My Own
- Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
- Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?