Saturday 2 July 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
A Fish Called Wanda, directed by Charles Crichton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Zoya by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1988 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Lee Chung-Yong: South Korean footballer.
- Porta : Spanish rapper.
- Ronnie Ash: American hurdler.
- Lee Chung-yong: South Korean footballer.
- 95th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Steffi Graf beats Navratilova (57 62 61)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?