Sunday 2 July 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Reese Hatala .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Oborona Sevastopolya, directed by Vasili Goncharov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lab.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos or Angels Online / Angel Love Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 2 July 2006 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Jan Murray: American comedian actor and game show host (d. 2006).
- One year on from the Live 8 concerts, U2 frontman Bono announces that world leaders are not making good on their promises to Africa. According to Bono in a recent CNN interview, not enough is being done to make trade fair. (CNN)
- Polling closes in the Mexican general election, with voters electing a new President, both houses of Congress, and four state/district governors. Exit polls show the presidential race between Felipe Calderón of the National Action Party and Andrés Manuel López Obrador, a former mayor of Mexico City, as too close to call. (CBS News)
- The launch of the Space Shuttle ''Discovery'' is postponed until Tuesday at 2:38pm local time due to stormy weather in Florida. (CBC)
- In Pakistan, all parliament members from the Jamaat-e-Islami political movement resign over fighting between the army and terrorists in Waziristan and General Musharraf's support for the United States in an effort to force Musharraf to step down. (IRNA)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Operation Summer Rains):
- Hamas spokesperson threatens further attacks against Israeli schools and power plants if the military campaign to free the kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit continues. (Haaretz)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?