Wednesday 2 July 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Hancock, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Sail by James Patterson, Howard Roughan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 2 July 2008 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 July
- Ingrid Betancourt, and 14 other hostages held by FARC guerrillas, are rescued by the Colombian armed forces.
- 31 years after its launch, the Voyager 2 spacecraft sends a detailed view of the shock wave that marks the thinning of the solar wind, the charged particles streaming from the sun, confirming that the heliosphere is actually egg-shaped, possibly due to a tilted magnetic field in local interstellar space. (Fox News)
- Three American hostages rescued at the same time as Ingrid Betancourt arrive at Lackland Air Force Base to be reunited with their families. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Admiral Michael Mullen, the current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the United States, warns Israel of the dangers of an attack on Iran. (ABC News)
- The President of Zambia Levy Mwanawasa is flown to Paris for treatment after suffering a stroke at the African Union summit in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt. (BBC News)
- 2008 Jerusalem bulldozer rampage: A man drives a construction loader into several vehicles on Jaffa Road in Jerusalem, killing three and leaving dozens other injured, before being shot dead by an off-duty IDF officer. (Ynet)
- Nine oil workers are killed when a civilian Mi-8 helicopter carrying 16 people crashes in Siberia. (Turkish Press)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?