Monday 2 June 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nat Mayer Shapiro and Clarence Weff.
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1919 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Nat Mayer Shapiro: American painter (d. 2005).
- Clarence Weff: French writer and screenwriter, an author of detective fiction and spy novels.
- Nat Shapiro: American painter (d. 2005).
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Carl Sandburg (Cornhuskers)
- Several mail bombs are sent to prominent figures as part of the 1919 United States anarchist bombings.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Look in the Heart of a Rose - Charles Harrison
- On the Road to Calais - Al Jolson
- (Dry Your) Tears - Samuel Ash
- After All - Reinald Werrenrath
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?