Wednesday 2 June 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gino Cappello and Frank Clement.
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1920 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Gino Cappello: Italian soccer player.
- Frank Clement: American lawyer and politician 41st Governor of Tennessee (d. 1969).
- Yolande Donlan: New Jersey, United States -- Actress (Jigsaw, Expresso Bongo, Penny Princess).
- Marcel Reich-Ranicki: Polish-German author and critic (d. 2013).
- Tex Schramm: American football team president and general manager (d. 2003).
- Johnny Speight: English screenwriter and producer (d. 1998)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I'll See You In C-U-B-A - Billy Murray
- That Wonderful Kid from Madrid - Al Jolson
- Prince's Orchestra - Afghanistan
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?