Wednesday 2 June 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1920 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Frank Clement: American lawyer and politician 41st Governor of Tennessee (d. 1969).
- Yolande Donlan: New Jersey, United States -- Actress (Jigsaw, Expresso Bongo, Penny Princess).
- Marcel Reich-Ranicki: Polish-German author and critic (d. 2013).
- Tex Schramm: American football team president and general manager (d. 2003).
- Johnny Speight: English screenwriter and producer (d. 1998).
- Gino Cappello: Italian soccer player. He died on 28 March 1990.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I'll See You In C-U-B-A - Billy Murray
- That Wonderful Kid from Madrid - Al Jolson
- Prince's Orchestra - Afghanistan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?