Thursday 2 June 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phillip Burton and W Watts Biggers.
The Unknown, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1927 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Phillip Burton: Historian (Vanishing Eagles).
- W Watts Biggers: American novelist and animator.
- Harriet Woods: American politician and activist, a state senator and former Lieutenant Governor of Missouri, and two-time unsuccessful candidate for the US Senate.
- W Biggers: American author screenwriter and animator (d. 2013).
- Christopher Slade: English lawyer and judge.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?