Sunday 2 June 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1929 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Norton Juster: American architect author and academic.
- Ken McGregor: Australian tennis player (d. 2007).
- Alcides Lanza: Composer.
- Frederic Devreese: Composer.
- Willaim Brown: Television executive.
- Juan Venegas: Puerto Rican boxer notable for winning Puerto Rico's first Olympic medal.
- J Floyd: America concert pianist (jazz, classical, avant-garde, and the like), composer, and music pedagogue at the collegiate level. He has long-been a professor of music, which has included Chairman of Keyboard Performance, at Northern Illinois University and the University of Miami Frost School of Music. Floyd is a Yamaha Artist.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?