Friday 2 June 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1933 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Jerry Lumpe: American baseball player and coach (d. 2014).
- Bob Rozario in Shanghai: China; orchestra leader (Tony Orlando, Marie).
- Frank Jarvis: American sprinter and lawyer (d. 1933).
- FDR authorizes 1st swimming pool built inside the White House
- WNJ-AM in Newark New Jersey goes off the air
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?