Friday 2 June 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Rozario in Shanghai and Jerry Lumpe.
Gold Diggers of 1933, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1933 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Bob Rozario in Shanghai: China; orchestra leader (Tony Orlando, Marie).
- Jerry Lumpe: American baseball player and coach (d. 2014).
- Frank Jarvis: American sprinter and lawyer (d. 1933).
- FDR authorizes 1st swimming pool built inside the White House
- WNJ-AM in Newark New Jersey goes off the air
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?