Tuesday 2 June 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vladimir Golubnichy and Sally Kellerman in Long Beach.
Fury, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1936 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Vladimir Golubnichy: USSR -- 20K walker (1960, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Sally Kellerman in Long Beach: California, USA; actress (M*A*S*H, Back to School).
- Richard Harries: Baron Harries of Pentregarth English bishop and theologian.
- Volodymyr Holubnychy: Ukrainian race walker.
- Gen Anastasio Somoza takes over as Dictator of Nicaragua
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?