Wednesday 2 June 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Jones (singer) and Lenora Hill.
Kid Galahad, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1937 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Jimmy Jones (singer): American singer and songwriter.
- Lenora Hill: American professional astrologer, writer and bookstore owner.
- Sally Kellerman: American actress, onscreen from 1957 in co-starring roles, probably best known as "Hot Lips Houlihan" in the movie "M.
- Rosalyn Higgins: English lawyer and judge.
- Jimmy Jones: American singer-songwriter (d. 2012).
- Robert Paul: Canadian figure skater and choreographer
- Louis Vierne: French organist and composer (Born 1870).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?