Monday 2 June 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Billy the Kid, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1941 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Ünal Aysal: Turkish businessman.
- William Guest: American singer-songwriter and producer (Gladys Knight & the Pips) (d. 2015).
- Susan Hart: American actress and producer.
- Lou Nanne: Canadian-American ice hockey player and manager.
- Jeff Winkless: American voice actor producer and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Oda Mayumi: Tokyo, Japan -- Resident artist (Green Gulch Zen Center)
- William Guest in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; singer (Gladys Knight Show).
- Charlie Watts: Drummer
- David Sumberg: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987
- Stacy Keach: American actor noted for a number of TV series and movies, including the 1982 TV mini-series, "The Blue and the Gray," which centered around America's Civil War. His other TV work included the short-lived "Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer," which ran 1984-1985. Born with a harelip, he bears a scar from reconstructive surgery. As a young man, he made his way to the New York stage in the late '60s and early '70s as Hamlet, Falstaff and Peer Gunt. He received an Obie award (one of three) for "McBird"
- Stacy Keach in Savannah: Georgia, USA; actor (Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer).
- Alain Cayzac: French advertising agent who was the president of the Paris Saint-Germain Football Club between June 2006 and April 2008.
- Lou Gehrig: 1st baseman (New York Yankee), dies at 37 of ALS in Riverdale, New York.
- World War II: German paratoopers murder Greek civilians in the village of Kondomari.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?