Tuesday 2 June 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1942 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Jean-Paul Angelier: French diplomat, ambassador to Djibouti.
- Marie Cheatham: Oklahoma, United States -- Actress (Search for Tomorrow, Guiding Light).
- Maree Cheatham: Soap Opera Actress.
- F Aijazuddin: Pakistani chartered accountant, art historian and author of more than a dozen books.
- Bunny Berigan: American musician, a trumpeter and bandleader of the swing of the '30s.
- Red Sox star Ted Williams enlists as a Navy aviator
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?