Tuesday 2 June 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marie Cheatham and F Aijazuddin.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1942 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Marie Cheatham: Oklahoma, United States -- Actress (Search for Tomorrow, Guiding Light).
- F Aijazuddin: Pakistani chartered accountant, art historian and author of more than a dozen books.
- Jean-Paul Angelier: French diplomat, ambassador to Djibouti.
- Maree Cheatham: Soap Opera Actress.
- Bunny Berigan: American musician, a trumpeter and bandleader of the swing of the '30s.
- Red Sox star Ted Williams enlists as a Navy aviator
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?