Monday 2 June 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1947 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Jan Ferraris: LPGA golfer.
- Ted Britton: American noted family and child actor, son of Barbara Britton.
- Marie-Hélène Breillat: French actress, painter and writer.
- Giorgio Cagnotto: Italian champion in water sports, a diver and winner of two silver medals for the diving team at the Olympic Games in 1972 winning two Silver and in 1976, two Bronzes and the Gold Medal at the European meet in 1970.
- Albert Innaurato: American playwright and author of the Broadway hit "Gemini," as well as "Coming Of Age In Soho," "Passione," and "Gus And Al.
- Martin Lamotte: French actor. In the early seventies, he joined "Le Cfé de la Gare", a theatre troup (with Coluche, Patrick Deware, Miou-Miou...). In 1979, he made sketches in the TV program "Collaro Show" and then had many roles (cinema and theatre).
- Mark Rudd: American political activist, a founding member of the controversial Weathermen, a radical leftist group that was placed on the FBI's Most Wanted List in 1970.
- Mark Elder: British opera and symphony conductor
- Hermann Darewsky: Composer, dies at 64.
- Louisiana Lady opens at Century Theater NYC for 4 performances
- Hungarian Premier Ferenc Nagy resigns
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?