Thursday 2 June 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Unchained Melody by Les Baxter & His Orchestra.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1955!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1955 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Chantal Hochuli: Swiss-born socialite.
- Dennis Haysbert: San Mateo, California -- Actor (Code Red).
- Michel Dalberto: French concert pianist, who has recorded the complete piano works of Schubert.
- Gary Grimes: American actor, curly-haired, innocent-faced young lead of the 1970s.
- Nandan Nilekani: Indian businessman co-founded Infosys.
- Michael Steele: American singer-songwriter and bass player (The Bangles and The Runaways)
- Garry Grimes in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Summer of '42, Class of '44).
- Dana Carvey: American actor and stand-up comedian, known for his work as a cast member on "Saturday Night Live" and for playing the role of Garth Algar in the "Wayne's World" films.
- Yves Godard: French physician suspected of murdering his wife and children. He evidently rented a yacht and was last seen in September 1999 with his children in St. Malo, a coastal town in the north of Framce. When he did not return, police investigated and found Godard's wife's blood in a pick-up truck. In September 2000 a child's skull was picked up by a trawler's net about 25 miles off the coast of St. Malo. The skull was determined to belong to Camille Godard, six years old (born 18 May 1993), the older
- The USSR and Yugoslavia sign the Belgrade declaration and thus normalize relations between both countries, discontinued since 1948.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?