Saturday 2 June 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1956 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Malcolm Garrett: English graphic designer.
- Mark L Polansky: Paterson, New Jersey -- Pilot / Astronaut.
- Jan Lammers: Dutch race car driver.
- Mani Ratnam: Indian director producer and screenwriter.
- Jean Hersholt: Actress (Emma, Grand Hotel, Greed), dies at 69.
- Yugoslav President Tito visits Moscow
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?