Monday 2 June 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lex Lugar [Larry Pfohl] and Lawrence Pfohl.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1958 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Lex Lugar [Larry Pfohl]: Atlanta, Georgia -- Wrestler (WWF / WCW / NWA).
- Lawrence Pfohl: American professional wrestler.
- Lex Luger: American wrestler and football player.
- Alan Freed joins WABC (NYC) radio
- Brooks Robinson, hits into 1st of record 4 triple plays
- Yankees pitcher Whitey Ford fans 6 in a row to tie an AL record
- In San Simeon, California, Hearst Castle opens to the public for guided tours.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?