Friday 2 June 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Sunset, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1961 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- John Cameroon: Guitarist (Claw Boys Claw).
- Kerry Junna-Saxby: Australian 10k walker (1992, 96 Olympics - 15th Place).
- Dez Cadena: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Misfits Black Flag Osaka Popstar DC3 The Gentlemen and Loaded).
- Kare Kauks: Estonian singer and educator.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Elvis Presley - I Feel So Bad
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
- The Fleetwoods - Tragedy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?