Friday 2 June 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Cameroon and Kerry Junna-Saxby.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Travelin' Man by Ricky Nelson.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Sunset, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hancock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1961 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- John Cameroon: Guitarist (Claw Boys Claw).
- Kerry Junna-Saxby: Australian 10k walker (1992, 96 Olympics - 15th Place).
- Dez Cadena: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Misfits Black Flag Osaka Popstar DC3 The Gentlemen and Loaded).
- Kare Kauks: Estonian singer and educator.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Elvis Presley - I Feel So Bad
- The Fleetwoods - Tragedy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?