Tuesday 2 June 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1964 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Caroline Link: German film director and screenwriter.
- Follies Bergere opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 191 performances
- Lal Bahadur Sjastri elected Premier of India
- Rolling Stones 1st US concert tour debuts in Lynn, Massachusetts
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- The Beatles - P.S. I Love You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?