Thursday 2 June 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1966 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:02 June
- US Surveyor 1 lands in Oceanus Procellarum; 1st lunar soft-landing
- Surveyor program: Surveyor 1 lands in Oceanus Procellarum on the Moon, becoming the first U.S. spacecraft to soft land on another world.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?