Monday 2 June 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
Urban Cowboy, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1980!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1980 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Abby Wambach: American soccer player.
- Fabrizio Moretti: Brazilian-American drummer (The Strokes and Little Joy).
- Bobby Simmons: American basketball player.
- Richard Skuse: English rugby player.
- Tomasz Wróblewski: Polish bass player and songwriter (Behemoth Vesania and Black River).
- Lindsey Yamasaki: Japanese American professional basketball player.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- Kenny Rogers - Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Linda Ronstadt - Hurt So Bad
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?