Tuesday 2 June 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Stand And Deliver by Adam & The Ants was in the top 5 hits.
The Haunting of Julia, directed by Richard Loncraine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1981 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Jon Favreau: American political speechwriter who landed a speechwriting jjob with Senator Barack Obama.
- Velvet Sky: Wrestler.
- Nikolay Davydenko: Russian professional tennis player.
- Catherine Manoukian: Canadian violinist.
- Chin-hui Tsao: Taiwanese baseball player.
- Barbara Walters asks Katharine Hepburn what kind of tree she would be
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Neil Diamond - America
- Franke & The Knockouts - Sweetheart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?