Monday 2 June 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Kean and Todd Carney.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Live To Tell by Madonna.
In UK The Chicken Song by Spitting Image was in the top 5 hits.
Raw Deal, directed by John Irvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while A Perfect Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Very Peculiar Practice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Dōchū or King's Quest III: To Heir Is Human.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1986!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1986 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:02 June
- Regular TV coverage of US Senate sessions begins.
- New York City transit system issues a new brass with steel bullseye token.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Live To Tell
- Patti LaBelle - On My Own
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave
- Level 42 - Something About You
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Billy Ocean - There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)
- George Michael - A Different Corner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?