Thursday 2 June 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to One More Try by George Michael.
In UK Perfect by Fairground Attraction was in the top 5 hits.
Big, directed by Penny Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Zoya by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1988!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1988 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Zuri Hall: TV Show Host.
- Amber Marshall: TV Actress.
- Sergio Aguero: Argentinian footballer.
- Sergio Agüero: Argentinian footballer.
- Patrik Berglund: Swedish ice hockey player.
- Joe Lefeged: American football player
- 61st National Spelling Bee: Rageshree Ramachandran wins spelling elegiacal
- Consumer Reports calls for a ban on the Suzuki Samurai automobile
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - One More Try
- Gloria Estefan - Anything For You
- Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat
- Rick Astley - Together Forever (Remix)
- Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
- Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Everything Your Heart Desires
- The Jets - Make It Real
- Foreigner - I Don't Want To Live Without You
- Brenda Russell - Piano In The Dark
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?