Saturday 2 June 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brittany Curran and Renee Reynosa.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Vogue by Madonna.
In UK Killer by Adamski was in the top 5 hits.
Total Recall, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while September by Rosamunde Pilcher was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seinfeld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destination Earthstar or Double Hawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1990!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1990 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:02 June
- Frederick Mellinger: founder of Fredericks of Hollywood, dies at age 76.
- Stiv Bators: American punk rock vocalist and guitarist.
- Stuart Hall: Former English radio and television presenter.
- Rex Harrison: British actor, internationally known on stage and film, the winner of an Academy Award, three Tony Awards, New York Theater Critics Award, A Golden Globe Award, and Order of Merit of the Italian Public.
- Jack Gilford: Actor (Cracker Jacks), dies at 82.
- Robert Noyce: American inventor and businessman co-founded the Intel Corporation (d. 1990)
- Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme hits #13
- The Lower Ohio Valley tornado outbreak spawns 88 confirmed tornadoes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, killing 9. 37 tornadoes occur in Indiana, eclipsing the previous record of 21 during the Super Outbreak of April 1974.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Vogue
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Wilson Phillips - Hold On
- Janet Jackson - Alright
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Linear - Sending All My Love
- M.C. Hammer - U Can't Touch This
- Perfect Gentlemen - Ooh La La (I Can't Get Over You)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?