Sunday 2 June 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Morissette Amon .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Three Lions by Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds was in the top 5 hits.
The Rock, directed by Michael Bay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Si Doel anak sekolahan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dinosaur Safari or DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1996!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1996 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Morissette Amon: Filipino actress and singer.
- 50th Tony Awards: Master Class and Rent win
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- SWV - You're The One
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- George Michael - Fastlove
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- MC Lyte - Keep On, Keepin' On
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?