Monday 2 June 1997
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to MMMbop by Hanson.
In UK Lovefool by The Cardigans was in the top 5 hits.
Con Air, directed by Simon West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Just As I Am: The Autobiography of Billy Graham by Billy Graham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1997!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1997 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 June
- Doc Cheatham: American trumpet player singer and bandleader (McKinney's Cotton Pickers) (d. 1997).
- Liberals beat Conservatives in France
- In Denver, Colorado, Timothy McVeigh is convicted on 15 counts of murder and conspiracy for his role in the 1995 terrorist bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hanson - MMMbop
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- The Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
- I Belong To You (Every Time I See Your Face) - Rome
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Changing Faces - G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T
- Tim McGraw - It's Your Love
- AZ Yet - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?