Monday 2 June 2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to 21 Questions by 50 Cent.
In UK Ignition Remix by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
2 Fast 2 Furious, directed by John Singleton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Beach House by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boarding House: North Shore.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American Conquest or Cyberchase: Castleblanca Quest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 2003!
Which were the important events of 2 June 2003 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 June
- Fred Blassie: American professional wrestler (Born 1918).
- Europe launches its first voyage to another planet, Mars. The European Space Agency's Mars Express probe launches from the Baikonur space centre in Kazakhstan.
- The US Mint releases the 2003 Maine quarter dollar coin to circulation.
- President George W. Bush begins his Middle East trip today, beginning with Egypt. He is in talks with Israeli and Palestinian leaders. He promises to work for the goal of Israel and a Palestinian state being able to live side by side without any bloodshed.
- Thousands of Iraqi soldiers threaten to begin suicide attacks against U.S. troops as leaders of Iraq's tribes tell the Americans that they could face war if they do not leave.
- Israel says it will dismantle only some of the more than 100 West Bank settlement outposts since violence began in that area 32 months ago.
- The U.S. Federal Communications Commission announces sweeping changes to the concentration of media ownership protections in the U.S, allowing a single owner to own up to 45% of media in a given city.
- A US Department of Justice internal audit is released which asserts that the government systematically abused the civil rights of individuals detained after the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack, engaging in ampquota pattern of physical and verbal abuseampquot.
- Stephenie Meyer dreams what would later be the 13th chapter of her first book, ''Twilight''. This dream is what prompts Stephenie to write the book, which is New York Times Editor's Choice on February 26, 2006, first on Amazon.com's ampquotBest of the Decadenbsp... So Farampquot list, nominated to the ALA Best Books for Young Adults, and has been translated into 20 different languages.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?