Friday 2 June 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 2 June 2006 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 June
- A fireball is reported crossing Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Canada, estimated to be 20 miles above the Earth's surface. A sonic boom is heard over Minnesota.
- The UK ''Independent'' newspaper reports that a great-grandson of Apache leader Geronimo has appealed to US President Bush to help recover the remains of his famous relative. The remains were purportedly stolen over 90 years ago by a group of students including the President's grandfather, and employed in ceremonies by Skull and Bones, a secret society at Yale University. (Newwest.net)
- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., writing in ''Rolling Stone'' magazine, accuses George W. Bush and his Republican Party of widespread voting fraud during the 2004 Presidential Election. (Editor and Publisher)
- China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States propose a set of incentives and possible sanctions in an effort to encourage Iran to suspend or abandon its plans of nuclear development. (Washington Post)
- Female genital cutting is found to increase infant mortality and childbirth complications. (WHO)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?