Tuesday 2 June 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 2 June 2009 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 June
- David Eddings: United States -- Sci-fi author (Belgariad, Malloreon).
- Brazilian Defense Minister Nelson Jobim confirms that debris discovered in the Atlantic Ocean, near Fernando de Noronha, is the wreckage of Air France Flight 447. (CNN)
- General Motors sells its Hummer brand to the Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company. (''New York Times'')
- United Kingdom Home Secretary Jacqui Smith announces her resignation. (BBC)
- The Community of the People wins Greenland's parliamentary election. (BBC)
- Dutch research verifies space headache as a real medical condition. (BBC)
- Oxfam International describes the humanitarian crisis in Somalia as ampquotvery direampquot. (France 24)
- China blocks access to such websites as Twitter, Flickr, and Hotmail, ahead of the anniversary of the massacre in Tiananmen Square on June 4, 1989. (BBC)
- The defense in Burmese National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi's trial alleges that intruder John William Yettaw ampquotacted aloneampquot. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The United Kingdom experiences its first critical case of A(H1N1) influenza. (BBC)
- Pakistan's military rescues 80 people whom the Taliban kidnapped on June 1. (Reuters)
- At least 61 people are discovered dead in a Harmony Gold mine in Free State, South Africa. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?