Saturday 2 June 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Prometheus, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World's Worst Musical.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crazy Cars: Hit the Road or Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 2 June 2012 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 June
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Clashes between supporters and opponents of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad kill at least 12 and injure more than 40 people in the Lebanese port city of Tripoli. (Reuters)
- A drone attack conducted by the United States kills two suspected militants outside their hideout in South Waziristan in northwestern Pakistan. (AP via Google News)
- Four aid workers kidnapped by Taliban insurgents in the northern Afghan province of Badakhshan on May 22 are rescued by ISAF forces. (ISAF)
- An Allied Air cargo plane crashes into a minibus after overshooting the runway at Accra's Kotoka International Airport in Ghana killing at least twelve people. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- A court in Cairo, Egypt, finds former president Hosni Mubarak and former interior minister Habib al-Adly guilty for complicity in the killings of demonstrators in the 2011 revolution that ousted Mubarak and both are sentenced to life in prison. Mubarak and his two sons, Gamal and Alaa, are all acquitted on separate corruption charges. (BBC)
- A shooting in the food court of the Eaton Centre mall in Toronto, Canada kills at least one man and injures seven other people. (The Canadian Press via Canada.com)
- In horseracing, Camelot trained by Aidan O'Brien, wins the Epsom Derby with 2,000 Guineas Stakes classes double. Also, with his son Joseph, become the first father son to win The Derby. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?