Thursday 2 March 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1933 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 March
- King Kong, premieres at Radio City Music Hall and RKO Roxy, New York City
- Most powerful earthquake in 180 years hits Japan.
- The film King Kong opens at New York's Radio City Music Hall.
- Ching Yun University is established.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial is dedicated.
- A powerful earthquake and tsunami hit Honshū, Japan, killing some 3,000.
- U.S. President Herbert Hoover is succeeded by Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR), who in reference to the Great Depression, proclaims ampquotThe only thing we have to fear, is fear itselfampquot in his inauguration speech. FDR is sworn in by Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes. It is also the last time Inauguration Day in the United States occurs on March 4.
- Frances Perkins becomes United States Secretary of Labor, and the first female member of the United States Cabinet.
- The Parliament of Austria is suspended because of a quibble over procedure Chancellor Engelbert Dollfuss initiates authoritarian rule by decree (see Austrofascism).
- German election, 1933: National Socialists gain 43.9% of the votes.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?