Thursday 2 March 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1939 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Bob Mackie: American designer who made the fantastic gown that Cher wore to the Oscars in 1985.
- Barbara Luna in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Five Weeks in a Balloon, Gentle Savage).
- Gerard van: Tongeren; Dutch singer (Buffoons).
- Jan Finder: American author and academic (d. 2013).
- BarBara Luna: American actress.
- Howard Carter: British archaeologist/Egyptologist (King Tut), dies at age 65.
- Mass Legislature votea to ratify the Bill of Rights - 147 years late
- Massachusetts Legislature votes to ratify the Bill of Rights; 147 years late.
- Eugenio Pacelli chosen as Pope Pius XII.
- Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli is elected Pope and takes the name Pius XII.
- In Bombay, Mohandas Gandhi begins a fast protesting against British rule in India.
- Students at Harvard University demonstrate the new tradition of swallowing goldfish to reporters.
- In Durban, South Africa the Timeless Test begins between England and South Africa, the longest game of cricket ever played. It is abandoned twelve days later when the English team has to catch the last ferry home.
- Hitler advises Jozef Tiso to declare Slovakia's independence in order to prevent its partition by Hungary and Poland.
- Irish writer Flann O'Brien's comic metafiction ''At Swim-Two-Birds'' is published in London but attracts little attention at this time.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?