Friday 2 March 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Thompson and Joy Garrett.
The Picture of Dorian Gray, directed by Albert Lewin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1945 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Gordon Thompson: Ottawa, Ontario -- Actor (Adam Carrington-Dynasty).
- Joy Garrett: Actress (Jo-Days of Our Lives).
- Philippe Jaffré: French senior official and businessman who died on 5 September 2007.
- Christian Morin: French tv show host and clarinet player, he hosted programs on TF1 & A2: "La Roue de la fortune," "Succès fous", and "Un pour tous".
- Gordon Thomson: Canadian actor mainly on television.
- Derek Watkins: English trumpet player and composer (d. 2013)
- Emily Carr: Canadian artist and writer heavily inspired by the indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast.
- King Michael of Romania gives in to Communist government.
- US 8th Air Force bombs Dresden.
- Former U.S. Vice-President Henry A. Wallace starts his term of office as U.S. Secretary of Commerce, serving under President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- The Bachem Ba 349 Natter is launched from Stetten am kalten Markt. The Natter is the first manned rocket, developed as anti-aircraft weapon. The launch fails and the pilot dies.quotYear by Year 1945quot ampndash History International
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sleigh Ride in July - Dinah Shore
- Candy - Johnny Mercer, Jo Stafford, & Pied Pipers
- A Little on the Lonely Side - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?